Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Alright, alright, alright! Someone's gonna die tonight!

Having been married once before, I knew it was just a matter of time before I would be pushed into a Beatrix Kiddo moment.  Of course, riding the crest of the crimson wave, today is that day.  Why not!

It's seven months until the wedding.  So I thought it would be prudent to inquire about a block rate at the inn where I'm getting married as the current rate and two night stay requirement seemed excessive to me.  I queried about that, changing the reception time and when I could decorate.  I knew, somewhere in my lizard brain that this was when sh*t was about to get real.

The time change?  No prob.  You're welcome guests! Now you don't have to wait nine years between the ceremony and reception.  You have basically have just enough time to drive from one venue to another.

The decorating time?  An hour before.  *deep breath*  Oooooooooooohkay.  I'm not bending on this because I really want the area decorated the way I want.  Fine.  I got on the Knot (which I hate) and looked up cheap wedding coordinators who do "a la cart" services like decorating.   If they want an arm and a leg, I'll then try Offbeat Bride and then whining on the boards of the Knot to find a newb and then maybe finding an art student and then begging some hapless friend or relative.  Emails sent for the first part of the plan.

Here's the fun part!  There is no room at the inn.  Literally.  I blew a gasket.  Are you kidding!  Why do you think we want to have our event there?  So we can stumble our drunk butts back to our rooms after the festivities!  *biiiiiiiiiiig deep breath*  I wrote a polite but sternly worded letter explaining how this is not acceptable.  I'm waiting to see what they say and then siccing my mother on them if need be.  We didn't sign the contract yet so we can still back out!  Also I put in an email to the hotel across the street to see if a block would be available (it's a 4 Diamond hotel so it's expensive of course but everything is around there . . .except the inn).

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment