Wednesday, July 25, 2012

45 Days to Go! (Deb post)

I went from not being stressed at all to feeling constantly anxious.  Hooray!   I know logically things are getting done and everything is okay.  In my head though it's a constant Drag Race Lip Syncing for My Life/Don't F*ck it up level however.  Quelle surprise for someone with an anxiety disorder.  I think that I'm working more and writing more and working on my business doesn't really help.  The last time I got married I worked like 28 hours a week and now I'm easily working 45+. 

It's going to be okay/ that's what's going to happen/ everything's okay . . .



Bridal Outfit

I just need to get the dress altered and I want to wait another couple weeks on that.  We're going to go for Jow's suit in another week or so.  All of my foundation garments are square and my honeymoon frilly things are squared away as well which is a huge relief because going the non Spanx route/having huge boobs does not make this stuff easy to make happen.  I've decided against the cage veil route and instead will be using a really glittery hair piece and I'm still working on getting a little jacket to go with.   Worst case, I'll get a pashmina which works because of my connection to the fiber arts I think.  Fae came up this weekend to teach me to do my hair and makeup because she can't make the wedding for v. understandable reasons and I can't justify spending the kind of money that's required for bridal hair and make up.  We went to Sephora and got the needed items for my look, I just need a couple odds and ends. 

As for Jow, we'll be getting his suit shortly.

We also purchased our wedding bands.

Church

There was an exciting snafu where our priest changed parishes but he will be coming back to marry us.  The wedding time is 3p just as an fyi.  We need to have a final meeting with him and do our last precana.

Decorating/Invitations

We just ordered the stuff we need to make favors last night.  Our printer of course chose to die unceremonously this week so I'll likely be printing the invitations at my mom's house.  We just ordered the last of the decorating items last night and have most of them already (I just need to get one more centerpiece bowl).  I need to start, like, making the stuff the weekend after next.

We're going to order the flowers next week.

Venue

We made our last decisions last night about food choices.  My mom and I will be going to the venue on Saturday to do a quick walk through and have a look at the space one last time pre-wedding as well as deciding on a "signature cocktail" that will be offered during cocktail hour and other details.  It will likely be at least partial cash bar so keep that in mind!  Also remember that we have a website with details.  There will be an optional brunch the morning after the wedding that we need an rsvp for so we can make a reservation.

Bridal Shower

It was a really lovely venue and so great to get a chance to get to know some of Joe's family.  I enjoyed having a really nice tea with my closest friends.  My mom and sister did a really nice job and everyone was so kind with their gifts (thank you cards are coming, I promise!).   Pics can be found on my sis' Facebook page and my Facebook page too.


I think it's making the decorations along with continuing to craft for the summer/holiday seasons that has me a bit stressed, it's hard for there to be enough hours in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment